Sunday, October 11, 2009

Missing Her Tonight


On the one year anniversary of my mother-in-law's sudden passing.



This is the last known photo of my mother-in-law. It just happens to be with Porter right before they headed off together for a concert. Two weekends later she was taken from us in an instant.

We miss and love her and cherish our memories of her. And tonight Porter read the words of the hymn 'In Our Lovely Deseret' for us right before family prayer. She whistled it nearly every minute of her day.


We can still hear her whistle.



7 comments:

LGH said...

Natalie, you cannot imagine how many times I think of Deloris. In quiet moments, in the temple,or something will trigger a memory. And, yes, I remember the whistle. She was always happy. How I love that woman. But, she also has an amazing daughter-in-law in you.

'T' said...

I still ache at how she was taken. Bless you guys at this time of year.

MegJill said...

I can't believe it has been a year already. I love the picture of her with Porter. The last time I saw her was September 25th (I think) at my brother wedding. I didn't know she was coming but we were so happy to see her when we walked into the waiting room.I will ask Ben, there may be pictures of her from that day. I don't know how long she stayed afterwards, but she might be in some. We only got to see her once every few years, but we always remember her.

Nicole Williams said...

I didn't know her, but she seems like she was such a neat lady.

Linds said...

I miss her too. Give your family loves from us. What a beautifuly neat lady.

Shelby said...

What a neat tribute and wonderful person you all are. We miss her too. She was so special.

The Lane Family said...

What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful woman. All I can say is something that was said to me after, not long after my Mom died. " Just remember there is a lot of missionary work that needs to take place on the other side before the millinieum and so the Lord's elect are being called home." I am am sure your mother-in-law is one of those.

Does it make the pain easier but it gives us the hope to go on.