Friday, October 02, 2009

hats


Bill came home from work last night just in time to eat dinner. He had had a bad day.

After dinner, as he sat on the couch, his little Evelyn came up to him and said, "Daddy wear hat."

Bill said, "You want dad to wear a hat?"

"Yes," she said. "I wear hat."

And so he grabbed her hand and they walked down the hall together as Bill said, "What hats should we wear?"

Well a moment later they emerged wearing hats. And Evelyn said, "Bye, bye Mommy!"

Bill looked at me with the 'what should I do?' expression.

And I told him that he had better at least take her for a walk.

And so, they left.

And I wasn't far behind, running out the front door to see if I could get some shots of them in their hats, on their walk:





Stopping for some conversation.
(*Notice my HOT honey who has been working hard at eating right and exercising so he can be fit and trim.)






"Can daddy have some kisses?"





"Schmooooooooch."





"Oh, I love your hugs. Dad neeeeeeeds your hugs."
(What is it about little children and their ability to sense when you are having a bad day?)






"Hey dad, look at mom over there taking pictures of us from the front porch with her telefoto lens."



8 comments:

'T' said...

cute cute cute

Nicole Williams said...

How precious!

Shawn and Megan Atwood said...

Nat, that is so sweat! I love how Evie needs to wear matching hats with her dad to go somewhere! I bet that made Bills day a little brighter! Hope he is having a better day today, thinking of you.

Meg

LGH said...

Natlie, this blog is a tender and precious moment. Glad you captured it in words and pictures.

Linds@ THAT'S SO CUEGLY said...

SMoochie is my fav! How adorable. It's amazing what children can do.

Shelby said...

So Fun Nat. That sweet girl just melts my heart. What a wonderful memory for Bill.

The Teeples Times said...

That brought tears to my eyes!! I loved reading it, and yes, Bill does look great - I won't use the word hot, only because he's your husband! ha ha Hope he has a better day!

The Lane Family said...

I love this post and the pictures of Daddy and his little girl. They are priceless and Precious!!! thank you for sharing!