Saturday, November 01, 2008

Man of the House

Bill's been working a lot lately. A lot of nights.

When this happens, leaving me and the kids at home, Porter earns the title Man of the House.

I think he likes this title.

I can tell by the slightest hint of a smile that I see when I call him this. It's one of those smiles that I know he doesn't want me to see...but what he doesn't know is that mom's are really good at detecting these smiles :)

Bill is always the one who spearheads the yearly carving of the jack-o-lantern. But since Bill has worked every night this week, that responsibility has fallen upon Porter, the Man of the House.

Here he is cutting the opening for the top so he can proceed to scoop out the guts:






Intently concentrating with each cut:






His biggest fan cheering him on:





The mouth and nose finished:






The finished product (Porter trying to mimic the face he just carved):






And who can carve a jack-o-lantern without roasting the seeds?






I think I'll keep him around :)








Man, I love that kid.






3 comments:

Dana Williams said...

Cute little man. His "jack" turned out cute too.

Shawn and Megan Atwood said...

Did Porter carve that all by himself? He must be an artist like his mom!

'T' said...

Amazing photo captures... Look at those expressions. Aren't we blessed to have children to make us so happy?